Skin conditions are one of the many medical conditions that urgent care centers are prepared to treat. Urgent care facilities are staffed with medical professionals who are qualified to diagnose and treat a variety of skin disorders, from minor irritation to serious infections.
At Modern Urgent Care, we provide a space where we promptly tend to your needs. Continue reading for more information on common skin conditions we can treat.
Rashes are a typical skin issue that urgent care facilities address. They are described as irritated or swollen areas on your body, which are usually itchy and can be painful. Numerous things, such as allergies, infections or autoimmune diseases, can result in rashes.
Some of the most common rashes include:
- Contact dermatitis: This rash appears after having recent contact with an allergen. It will appear red and bumpy, sometimes with small blisters that can itch and ooze.
- Bug bites: Fleas, mosquitoes and ticks all leave bites that can itch and cause a rash — especially if several concentrate in one area.
- Ringworm: Ringworm consists of circular, scaly rashes with raised edges, caused by a fungus. They are usually red and itchy.
Professionals at an urgent care facility can identify the rash’s underlying cause and offer possible treatments, such as topical creams or oral drugs, to alleviate symptoms and speed up healing.
Skin Infection and Antibiotics
Skin infections can be bacterial, fungal, parasitic or viral. While each category can come with different symptoms, the most common can include redness, flat or raised lesions, pain, tenderness and itching.
Abscesses are among the most typical skin infections that urgent care facilities address. Abscesses are uncomfortable, oozing lumps that develop when germs infiltrate the skin and infect an oil gland or hair follicle. Urgent care specialists can drain your abscess via an incision and drainage procedure. We can also administer medications — usually antibiotics — to stop the spread of infection.
Chronic Skin Conditions
Your body can endure inflammatory skin conditions for long periods — doctors consider a timeline over three months as chronic.
Urgent care facilities can address and treat the following conditions:
- Acne: Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples, blackheads and whiteheads when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Professionals at an urgent care facility can give patients topical or oral drugs to reduce inflammation and stop new outbreaks.
- Eczema: Also known as atopic dermatitis, eczema is a condition that causes dry, scaly and itchy patches of skin. Some people can have constant eczema, while others can get this condition seasonally. Urgent care often carries topical creams to moisturize and treat your inflammation.
- Psoriasis: Those who suffer from psoriasis experience thick, scaly patches of skin, mainly on their elbows, knees, scalp, face or feet. Topical ointments or medications can offer you relief.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a long-term condition that causes redness, broken blood vessels and small, pus-filled bumps on your face. While treatment can vary with your condition’s severity, antibiotics or acne creams can reduce your symptoms.
- Lupus: Lupus is an autoimmune disease that causes skin inflammation. A butterfly-shaped rash across your face is a common sign. Lupus doesn’t have a definite cure, but prescription medications can manage symptoms.
Visit Modern Urgent Care for Any Skin Problems
Modern Urgent Care offers walk-in appointments if you experience a skin condition. Book up to 20 minutes in advance to reserve your place in line and fill out registration forms prior to your arrival. Your time and care are valuable to us, which is why we work efficiently while giving you the attention you deserve. Visit us at a location near you today.